Sunday 18 May 2008

Exploring Luxembourg

Day 10

Today we had another day of rest to explore Luxembourg and surroundings. We had a leisurely morning with our hosts Gina and Flip. Our breakfast was fresh pastries, bread and cakes from the local patisserie together with a variety of jams, honey and grapes... lovely. We all took a short ride in the car to take Flip to work and see the sights on the way back. We both then walked into the city centre to do our touristy bit and visit the boch casemates. These are underground tunnels used in the world war to shelter the army etc. We had lunch in the Grund and walked back for a siesta! We were up late last night sharing thoughts and stories with our kind hosts.

We are off to the cinema soon and then to pick Flip up from work. Kris is attempting to service our bikes quickly as they are now making a few strange noises having been broken in with a few hundred kms. Its my 28th birthday tomorrow and I shall be spending it cycling as far as I can for as long as I can as fast as I can. I never imagined this would be the way I would be spending my late twenties!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi to you both

Your breakie looks tasteeeeee, tasteeeee very very tasteeeeeeee..... Very nice host, does she speak English? Have a break today - cos Ali will ride long & fast for her birthday. You'll have a job to keep up.........
Wish her all the best for her birthday - with lots and lots of kisses from Jackie & Freddie xxxx.